SMG Marina Manager in Stockton, California
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for Marina Manager for SMG/Stockton Marina. Responsible for overseeing the day to day operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor and manage operational functions including budgets, scheduling, forecasts, expenses and supplies ordering in conjunction with the Director of Operations.
- Develop, implement, support and monitor programs and training to insure productive standards, payroll schedule, safety and environmental standards, company policies and procedures are met.
- Insure satisfactory quarterly and annual NPS inspections.
- Create, generate and review reports, i.e. rates, promotional offers, inventories and oversees completion of EOM reporting, etc.
- Conducts cycle counts, period inventory; performs other functions such as maintaining records to comply with SMG, government and accrediting agency standards.
- Oversees all vault operations and designees assigned to vault operations/cash handling policies.
- Evaluate and inspect operations with managers and supervisors
- Responsible for daily interaction with the client and client's customers and/or employees. Ensure that all efforts are focused upon exceeding each and every guest's expectations. Promotes positive image of the Department, and displays SMG service attitude towards customers and co-workers, in person and on the telephone.
- Observe guest reactions and confer frequently with staff to determine guest satisfaction.
- Resolve guest concerns, including, but not limited to, mindshare comments and letters.
- Able to work flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Coordinate Marina functions with other departments Develop and maintain strong positive interdepartmental relationships. Provide assistance and support to other departments
- Support safety committee initiatives; meet or exceed annual OSHA frequency targets; execute monthly safety and environmental programs and inspections
- Plan and conduct staff meetings. Confer regularly with staff to coordinate activities, assign and check work, resolve problems, etc. Plan work schedules.
- Monitor the physical condition of all facilities and equipment in the marina operations to ensure that required maintenance is performed.
- Confer regularly with immediate supervisors and other Company personnel to plan, coordinate and evaluate services and activities, exchange information, resolve problems, etc.
- Must be willing to perform miscellaneous duties assigned by Director of Operations and General Manager
- Be well informed with regards to all current and upcoming events to ensure efficiency in the operation. Involvement with clients.
- Adhere to all SMG policies and procedures
- Lead the training of office agents, dock hands, cart drivers, porters, cleaners, first mates, captains and cross train between these positions to develop a team of customer service focused professionals.
Perform other duties as assigned
Complete recruiting, hiring and onboarding personnel and confirm labor levels are met in accordance with the labor budget.
Must be able to promptly respond to emergency situations on the Marina and thoroughly and correctly complete incident and injury forms.
Supervisory and management experience is required. Will be responsible for scheduling and overseeing part-time staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Very good computer skills including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
- Demonstrated accounting skills.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with guests and other company personnel. Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients, guests or employees.
- Very good knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations and procedures. Ability to interpret and apply safety rules, operating, maintenance and procedure manuals.
- Ability to use all office equipment, computer, calculator, fax machine and copy machine
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks at a time
- Good communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Must be NASBLA Certified
Education and/or Experience
Ideal candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in Business or other related field plus three years marina management/supervisor experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- [Link to job posting in RM]
Recruiter- Celeste Benoit
248 W. Fremont St.
Stockton, CA 95203
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 209.373.1400.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled