SMG Maintenance Assistant in Stockton, California
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Part-Time Maintenance Assistant at the facilities of SMG Stockton. This position will perform a variety of skilled and unskilled activities involved in the operation and maintenance of the facility's mechanical and electrical systems and general operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in the operation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of building operating systems including boilers, chillers, air handlers, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing equipment.
- Assist in the repair and maintenance of food service equipment including ovens, grills, dishwashers, deep fryers, and refrigeration units.
- Follow the preventive maintenance program, energy management program, and standard operating procedures for all machinery and equipment.
- Perform repairs and maintenance tasks such as relamping, replacing ceiling tiles, filters, and belts as required.
- Record and log all work performed, complete work orders and compile all required reports in a timely and complete manner.
- Operate equipment including forklifts, pallet jacks, and miscellaneous hand and power tools.
- Assist other operation department divisions to expedite event conversions as needed.
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees by following the life safety and emergency program as needed.
- Respond to routine, precautionary, and emergency alarms from building automation and life safety systems as needed.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Requires a high school diploma/GED.
Skills and Abilities
- Some technical support school or advanced electrical or refrigeration courses a plus.
- Be familiar with the principles, methods, tools, equipment, and materials normally used in HVAC, refrigeration, and auxiliary equipment operation and maintenance activities.
- Understand the methods, principles and practices required for the operation and maintenance of the mechanical and electrical systems. Properly use all equipment needed to perform required duties.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Good communication, organization, interpersonal, prioritizing, and time management skills.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, stand, stoop, kneel, and climb on a regular basis.
- Flexibility with working extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Be licensed to operate a motor vehicle.
Basic proficiency in use of computer (i.e. word processing, e-mail, etc.).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock and vibration. Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold, and extreme heat. Occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Apply at- [Link to job posting in RM]
Recruiter- Celeste Benoit
248 W. Fremont St.
Stockton, CA 95203
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact 209-373-1400.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled